Follow the visual guide below to get started with rendering a scene, from beginning to end.
Creating a Project
Once you are logged in to the Render Rocket website, you will need to start creating projects. This helps keep your FTP and website organized and free of clutter.
STEP 1 - Click on the Projects tab in the upper portion of your screen.
STEP 2 - Click the "Add New Project" button.
STEP 3 - Enter the name of your project
Please note OPTIONAL: If you have other users associated with your account, select which users will have access to this project.
Source Files Upload
Once your project has been created you can now begin to upload your source files. There are two standard methods of doing this; Web Upload and FTP. Steps to use both are listed below.
Web Uploading lets you upload your source files directly through the StratusCore Render Rocket website. All files must uploaded individually or in .zip archive. (PLEASE NOTE: Uploading folders is not allowed).
STEP 1 - Click the "Projects" tab
STEP 2 - Select the Project you want to upload to from the list of Projects (once selected, the project and all information will be highlighted with a grey band across the information)
STEP 3 - In the "File Management" window, click the "Upload" button.
STEP 4 - Within the Upload window, click the "Select" button.
STEP 5 - Using the file browser, select the file(s) (you can select multiple files), and click "open". Alternatively, you can drag and drop files to where the "Select" button is on the upload window.
STEP 6 - Once the files are done uploading, green dots appear next to the file names.
At the bottom of the menu click "Upload" - Your files are now uploaded!
STEP 7 - After a few seconds, the screen will refresh and you will see your uploaded files.
STEP 8 - Click the LAUNCH RENDER button below the File Management window.
The second method of uploading files is to use a third party FTP client. Most FTP clients are free, but require you to download the app and install to your local machine.
There are many free FTP clients available. Some of the more commonly used clients are:
Once you have an FTP client installed, double click the icon to launch the application.
- There are 3 items you will need to know to successfully log in to your FTP account at Render Rocket >> Host Name, Username (Do not use your email address when logging into your FTP account) and Password.
- Enter ftp.renderrocket.com as the host name and use the same username and password that you use to log in to the Render Rocket website.
- Once you have successfully logged in you will see 3 windowpanes. The bottom portion is the transfer pane where you will see the progress of all transfers and queues. The left pane is your local machine and the right pane is your FTP account at Render Rocket.
- Inside the left pane navigate to your source files.
- In the right side pane navigate to your projects “Source” folder and open it up.
- Drag all source files from your local machine into the “Source” folder. Remember this works the same way as the Web Uploader and only individual files and/or archives will be allowed to transfer. Once you see everything is complete switch back over to the website to begin the extracting process.
See How to Manage your FTP for a more detailed look
Extracting your project files from an uploaded .ZIP file
After you have uploaded a .ZIP file, you will need to extract the files into your "Source" folder.
- Click the “Projects” tab.
- Select the appropriate Project from the list.
- Click on ZIP file from your file directory
- If you do not see your archive listed, click the “refresh” link.
- Right click and select the "Extract" command
- The extraction process will begin. Depending on the size of the file, it may take some time for all files to be extracted. Click the "refresh" button in the File Manager to update the directory to see if files have completed extraction.
PLEASE make sure that you have no folders in your .ZIP. Here is an example of how it works:
Launch Your Render Job
STEP 1 - Select your PROJECT, then your SCENE, then your SOFTWARE
STEP 2 - Enter your render settings
Your project is now going to be moved to the farm and the render process will begin. From your Dashboard or Render History you can view the status of your render job. Click on a job's name to see more details and download your renders once complete (or use FTP to download frames).
Not finding what you are looking for here? Try our searchable Help Resources or contact our support team for more information. You can always email email@example.com for technical questions. Don't hesitate to contact us - we are here to help you get your renders done and meet your deadlines.