You may notice your V-Ray renders, particularly V-Ray in 3ds Max or Maya, are getting stuck at an error that looks like this:
V-Ray warning: Performance loss: dynamic memory limit too low Warning: Performance loss: dynamic memory limit too low
Changing Memory Limit Within 3ds Max 2016
Try Increasing your Dynamic Memory Limit.
- Open your Max scene. Click on the Render Settings icon.
- Make sure "Renderer" is set to V-Ray.
- Click on the "Settings" tab.
- Click on the "System" roll-out.
- Change "Dyn mem limit, mb" to 10300.
Click the links below for more information.
V-Ray for 3ds Max - Chaos Group Documentation, System, "Dynamic Memory"
V-Ray for Maya - Chaos Group Documentation "Dynamic Memory Limit"