There are two types of render modes: Test and Standard.
The number of test render jobs is unlimited and free to all new and existing customers for certain file formats. However, test render jobs do have core hour limits.
These tests are crucial and have several purposes; be sure to run one or more free test renders to determine the following:
- Check and verify the outputted images look correct. If something does not look right you can click the "View Log" link located next to each frame to see any errors that may have been generated. If you need more help, please search our Support Center or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price quotes. Your test render times can be used to approximately estimate the cost of your final renders.
Note: Test render jobs only support the following output formats: JPG, BMP, PNG, TGA, TIFF. These limitations do not exist for Normal jobs. We do not support output for the following formats: .MOV, .AVI
Attempting to output one single animation is not a best practice and is also risky. Best practice is to render your animation to an image sequence.
If you are using Test mode, then your job is submitted to the farm immediately and placed in a "queue" status. In normal circumstances your render will begin to start after just a few minutes.
This may take slightly longer, depending on how busy the farm is at the time of your of render job submission. Render jobs are handled in a "first come, first serve" manner.
If you see your job in a "queue" status it's simply waiting for its turn to render. If you do NOT see your job on the Dashboard or Render History page, or if you see "Failed To Launch" status, then you need to contact support email@example.com
Standard mode jobs will behave the same as Test mode jobs, with a few exceptions.
- They will be the highest priority jobs on the farm.
- They will not be watermarked.
- They do not have output extension restrictions.
Not finding what you are looking for here? Try our searchable Help Resources or contact our support team for more information. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical questions. Don't hesitate to contact us - we are here to help you get your renders done and meet your deadlines.