Once you've installed LaunchPad, load your scene in your creation software and adjust your render settings as you normally would. This includes setting your resolution, output format (for 3ds Max, this involves setting an output path), camera, layers, passes, etc.
Save your scene, then invoke LaunchPad. The LaunchPad application will start; the first time it launches, you will be prompted to log in. If your creation software is full screen, you may need to minimize it to access LaunchPad (or click the icon in your task bar).
NOTE: It is very important to save your scene before submitting it to LaunchPad, otherwise any changes you made may be lost.
Enter your StratusCore/Render Rocket email address and password to login. If you do not have an account, click "Create an Account" or visit www.stratuscore.com and click "sign up" to get started. Render Rocket is a service of StratusCore.
If you've forgotten your password, click "Forgot Password" and enter the email associated with your StratusCore/Render Rocket account to reset your password.
Scene Summary and Render Settings
Once LaunchPad connects, two windows will come up. One will be the main LaunchPad application and the other will be your Render Settings window.
- Begin by selecting a Project or creating a new Project by clicking the "+" button. LaunchPad will default to using the selected Project for future submissions until you change it to another Project.
- Choose the Mode you want to render in. If you want to submit a final production render, make sure you have credits! Click here to purchase credits.
- Specify your frame range. Remember that free Test jobs are limited to 5 frames.
- If you'd like to make changes to your resolution or output, we recommend clicking "cancel" and returning to your scene. Make the necessary changes in your application's render settings, then re-save your scene and invoke LaunchPad again.
- Some Test jobs are limited in the output format you can select. These limitations do not apply for Normal or Econ modes.
- Specify the camera you want to render with, or leave it as "default" to use your scene's settings.
- Click "Submit Job" to send your job to Render Rocket.
Monitoring Your Jobs
- After you've submitted your job(s), you will see it appear in your Job List. LaunchPad will automatically upload the scene file and all other necessary files to the render farm. Depending on the size of your scene assets, this may take some time. The job will become queued to render on the farm once it's completely transferred, and will begin when a render node is available.
- Clicking on a job will provide you with more details on the job. This includes:
- Summary: Overall details and controls to Pause and Abort your job.
- Frames: The render progress of each of your job's frames.
- Output: Details on your outputted frames.
- Log: The render logs of your frames (useful for diagnosing issues!).
- After your job has completed rendering, LaunchPad will automatically download the completed frames to your local machine. Click on "Output Files" in the Summary tab.
- You can click on "Settings" to see the path of your Local Download Directory.
If you have any questions unanswered, please contact us. Below are your options to reach us:
- Use the "Support" button at the bottom-right corner of this window.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to leave feedback or report a bug, click "Send Feedback" at the top of the main LaunchPad menu.
Not finding what you are looking for here? Try our searchable Help Resources or contact our support team for more information. You can always email email@example.com for technical questions. Don't hesitate to contact us - we are here to help you get your renders done and meet your deadlines.